How to Find the trail

The start of the Walk is at Tower Gardens opposite Clifford’s Tower

Tower Gardens, was originally part of the area known as St George’s Field. It was separated from the rest of St George’s Field with the building of Skeldergate bridge in 1881. Tower Gardens became York’s first public park, planted with lawns and shrubs, and fitted with seats and its intersecting walkway. A small section of the city wall runs down to the river Ouse with Davy Tower at the end of it.

X - Location for the start of the walk which is 10-15 minutes walk from the railway station, close to St George’s Field Car Park and Park & Ride services.

A map of York showing the location of New Walk

Designed by Designition